If you’re looking for a quick and easy supper that doesn’t cost much to put together and is still satisfying, then give this soup a try! I came up with this recipe after trying my husband’s family’s favourite spicy tomato soup. It has all the same flavour, but doesn’t take as much time and effort as the original recipe. The great thing is about this soup is that it is easy to tweak the ingredient amounts so that it fits the tastes and size of your family. Add in another can of soup, more chicken stock, or less red pepper flakes – whatever you need to make it work for you. We love it served with a classic grilled cheese for a warm and yummy evening meal.
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic (or 2 minced cloves of garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can of Condensed Tomato Soup (my favourite is the Campbell’s tomato soup)
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in medium sized pot on medium heat.
- Once olive oil is shimmering, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant and light brown in colour.
- Deglaze pot with water, white wine, or beer – whatever you have handy.
- Add in remaining ingredients and cook until warm.
Note: Feel free to play with the amount of Red Pepper Flakes if you don’t like spicy food. You may only want a few shakes, or you may like more! It is also easy to add more tomato soup, water, and chicken stock to the pot to stretch out the ingredients for more people. The recipe in this amount is perfect for two large bowls of soup.